Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Vans Wheels of Rock, from France...


What's happening?
Well from Australia to Japan now to France, this month has been a big one.

A few months ago I got an email about travelling France on a rock bus with bands and doing some skatepark demos. i couldnt say no. So here I am, in the bus laying on my bed that I have been assigned to for 10 days.

Im joined by BMXers Ali Whitton, Ben Hennon, Kevin Kalkoff, Alex Bourguignon and special guest Corey Martinez as this is a Vans roadtrip.
With also a few roadies, 2 bands, photographer and video guys, and one female driver there is 20 people in total, but we all manage to fit on the bus and we almost all have a bed. This bus has 18 beds!

It took 3 days for Ali and my bikes to arrive as they were lost by Air France so we rode other guys bikes. I rode Kevin Kalkoff's Fly bike brake less and started to enjoy it. Look out for a brakeless Mackay in the future!

For 10 days driving around France we only have 4 official tour stops. We have had the last 3 days riding sweet cement parks and a decent but wet and muddy set of trails. We live on the bus, we shower whenever we can, one rider I wont name, went for 5 days without a shower! We eat croissants for breakfast and usually Mcdonalds or Pizza for Dinner.


After this trip we have the FISE contest in Montpelier, France and after last years event being real fun I am looking forward to it..
Check out the website, here for daily videos and updates...
Thanks to Martinez for the lookback photo...



Mackay