Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mackay Update!


Well summers gone and fall is here in America. Dew tour season is over, and I get my cast off my left wrist today and after four weeks on the sideline I’m ready to ride around again!

I broke the bottom of my thumb in prelims at the Salt Lake City stop of Dew Tour; I had been riding good and was pumped for the comp. I enjoyed riding the jumps and by the time it was my run in prelims the jump builders had just wet the jumps completely and I hate wet jumps for some reason mostly I just feel like I’m going to slide out spinning 3’s. I was pissed before I dropped in so my first run was horrible, I didn’t even make it through all the jumps.

2nd run came around and I was fired up and it was my last chance to qualify for the final. Jumps were dry, and things were going a bit better, I got loose on a truck driver and managed to push through and the last set was coming up I got a super pump and kicked a 3 no foot can as big as I could, and I stalled too much out and had to bail, I ended up landing real low and I put my hand out to soften the fall and I knew straight away I just broke my wrist.

From there I chilled the rest of the day knowing at some point I had to go to the Hospital and go through all that crap.
I got to the hospital at like 10pm and got an x ray and was told I needed surgery.
Surgery in Salt Lake city was going to take too long to fit me in, so I got a hook up with the Dew Tour Doc’s with a hand surgeon in LA and flew there to get it fixed.

My Vans teammate Coco Zurita baby-sat me through the short stay in LA. We went clothes shopping a few hours after surgery! The next day I flew to Las Vegas for Interbike and mingled there for a few days.

So 4 weeks has been and gone and right when everyone is lazy after Dew Tour I’m stoked to ride! I even put my bike together last night equipped with a straight cable. (Over the Gyro)

I just got this in the mail recently also, my very own flick trix bike! This sweet bike is coming out in January 2010 so start saving! I’m real stoked on it.

I want to start filming for web video pretty soon as I’ve been thinking about some moves while I’ve been injured. I also want to head out to Cali for a trip before the end of the year.

Take it easy, Colin Mackay