Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Favorite Things: Shimano Mid Priced MTB Shoes

IMG_6711

IMG_6715

I forget the model but these cost around $90 new. I had a pair of the classic M110's prior to these that cost around $100. For bang for your buck nobody messes with Shimano shoes as an all arounder. They are stiff enough for serious mountain biking and you can walk, hike, and stand in them all day long without your feet crying uncle.

I've also got a pair of Sidi's that are great on the bike, but I don't necessarily care to hang out in them for hours on end. These are just the right mix of performance and comfort. For anywhere between $70-$100 any of the Shimano shoe line is going to do you right for everyday living. If you buy the shittiest ones, they are well, the shittiest ones, and if you buy too expensive of an MTB shoe it's going to be super racy and too stiff. You've got to find the sweet spot.

I've had this pair for 5 years and have put, I would estimate, somewhere around 20,000 miles on them. They've carried me to countless alleycat wins, I've taken them out west to ride trails, hung around many a fire and passed out with them on more times than I care to admit.

Some of the best money I've ever spent.