Friday, February 12, 2010

Nyquist check's in...

[caption id="attachment_2166" align="alignnone" width="427" caption="Mia Hamm and Nyquist"]Mia Hamm and Nyquist[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2168" align="alignnone" width="427" caption="Locker Room"]Locker Room[/caption]

Ryan Nyquist, a man of many talents checks in to let us know whats been going on off the bike...

"You ever have an opportunity that comes along that might possibly be one of your childhood dreams coming true? My dream when I was really young was to play soccer professionally. This  past  weekend I was invited to play in the Mia Hamm Celebrity Soccer Challenge along side Mia Hamm, Brandi Chastain, and some other recognizable celebs and professional soccer players. Talk about a dream come true!!! The game was being held at the Home Depot Center in Los Angeles, CA (same place where the X Games usually is), and the whole thing was being done to help people in need of bone marrow transplants.

Long story short... I had an amazing time!!! I met some really cool people, got to kick the ball around, and get to see how good professional soccer players are at what they do. The highlight of the whole trip for me was scoring a goal. Brought me back to my "glory days" in high school. Hahahaha! I hope I get a chance to do it again next year.

Ryan Nyquist