Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tooker Reports from NZ and Aus

Marcus Tooker just left New Zealand and is off to Australia, he has the travel bug for sure. If you see him around go meet him, he's a nice guy...

Marcus's bio is finally up on the Haro team page, check it out...

Mackay

[caption id="attachment_2140" align="alignleft" width="426" caption="Not a bad back drop, Bondi Beach Aus."]Not a bad back drop, Bondi Beach Aus.[/caption]

MarcusKids

Straight from Marcus...

"So I've been bouncing around the South Pacific for a few weeks now. All I have is a bike and a backpack, it's been good traveling for sure.  I landed in Sydney a few weeks ago and pretty much went straight to Bondi Beach.  That place is amazing. Sweet skatepark on a beautiful beach, doesn't get much better than that.  Had a few good sessions and played in the waves a bunch.

From Sydney I flew over to Auckland, New Zealand, got a rental car and started driving. It seems like every town has a cement park, it's pretty crazy. Some parks are just a quarter pipe and a wedge, but others are full blown bowls with hips and lines forever. I have been just driving and when I see a skatepark from the road I pull over and have a little session.  Wanganui, Paraparaumu, and Waikanae have been where I've had the most fun for sure.

I spent a few days working on an organic farm in the southern part of the North Island. After that I headed up toward Taupo for the Jedi Jam and went bungee jumping on the way. It was no joke, 80 meter drop with a little stream at the bottom.

The Jam was put on by Taupo local Jed Mildon.  He's a pretty awesome dude, and was sending it all weekend.  Cory Nastazio and Colin Mackay both rode the dirt come really well.  Nasty ended up winning and Colin got 3rd.  The following day there was supposed to be a jam in the cement park but between intermittent rain and heavy winds, the jam was kind of put on hold.  We ended up playing a big game of Team BIKE which was lots of fun.

Straight after the Jam I headed to Gisborne.  It's a small surf town with a little concrete park in the center of town. Between surfing and riding I've slept real good every night.  I'm heading back to Australia in a day or two for some more riding.  I think I'm gonna try and hit up Canberra and Brisbane while I'm there.  Should be some fun riding for sure, there's tons of good riders all over Australia.

That's all I got for now, I'm looking forward to riding some more in Australia."

-Marcus