Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday

120 miles commuting this week, in those miles were also three crashes.
My first, second, and third of this winter.

IMG_5944
It's snowing this evening and the drivers are on edge and freaked out. At 54th and Nicollet some dude in a Prius pulled out of his parking space and right into me. I had the right of way and lights, so he definitely should have seen me. As I put my hand on the hood to keep from going down, I briefly looked up and realized the car in front had slowed for a red light. I grabbed a handful of brake and tried to slow my legs and maneuver across to the other side in an "S" motion. I slipped out on the ice and slid under the car's bumper and came to a stop. Hopped up, grabbed my bike and broke the fuck out as quick as possible, I knew that I had done no damage to the car I slid under, and the last thing I wanted to deal with was this.

It's a hard world out there.