Thursday, February 5, 2009

4 minutes with Ryan Nyquist.

Every so often, I'm gonna do a "4 minutes with". Sometimes it will be more, sometimes it will be just barely 4 minutes. This go around features Ryan James Nyquist. He's made some pretty big changes in his life starting off with a HUGE wedding in 2007, followed up by…well…I'll let him tell you.

Nyquist...mid bachlor party.
First off, where in the world are you right now?
At this very moment I am in an airport hotel business center in Miami, trying to print out a form to sign and fax to my realestate lady so I can sell my house in Greenville. I just got off a plane from Barbados where I had just gotten off a cruise ship through the Carribean with my family for a vacation. It was a great trip.








Okey dokey…jumping straight into it, you made some, what I consider, pretty sizeable changes in your life. Please give us the rundown.
Yeah there have been quite a few major life changes that have hapened recently... some great and others not great at all. I'll start off in July. My pregnant wife and I decided to move out to Northern California so we could be closer to my mom, who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and the rest of my family. So after the Dew Tour in Cleveland, we packed up our life in one week, and drove cross country. We arrived around the 1st of August and have been trying to get settled ever since. A few months later, November 28 to be exact, came the birth of our first son, Tristan. He is amazing! But it's a lot of work. So much so that it has taken off my bike for more than 2 months. California is a great place to live, but compared to Greenville, where the spots and the people who I was riding with were second to none, the riding spots are not so great and I'm struggling to just stay motivated. I guess that where I'm at now.
Being that we are the generous company we are, Haro recently sent you two brand new complete bikes. We're gonna test your sales skills here: Tell us the features and benefits to both bikes, and which one you prefer.
Man they are both great bikes. One is a prototype model which I designed a while back. It's set up exactly for me and it's gooooooood. The other is a X Series Model and it's pretty sweet looking. Matte black everything with gold accents and crome wheels! That's all you're gonna get out of me.


What can we expect out of you for 2009?
Hopefully some good riding and some great contest results. I don't have any video parts planned and very minimal trips as of now, but things can change at any moment.



Let's wrap this thing up. Give us something from Ryan Nyquist. You can pick it from your celebrity side, or your normal everyday life side.
Well I have a guy sitting here, breathing down my neck, waiting for me to finish up on this "Pay by the minute" computer, plus I have to go #2 really bad. So I'm out!
Ryan.